Located on Days Road, Upper Coomera, Coomera Anglican College offers specialised programmes including Sport and Music Academies. With state-of-the-art facilities to ensure they deliver a stimulating learning programme for all students from Primary, Junior Secondary School, Senior Secondary School, and Early Learning Centre on the same campus.
MDA Consulting Engineers were approached by Burling Brown on behalf of Coomera Anglican College, to provide building services for the refurbishment of the junior administration, staff room and amenities.
NCC Section J Energy Compliance Review & Certification
- Identify each building fabric type with architect
- Carry out analysis of each building fabric element
- Advise compliance with the Deemed to Satisfy of the BCA
- Make recommendations to architect and client on any changes to each fabric element.
- Recheck design after material reselection.
- Detail measurement of extended building area.
- Input building façade data based on information agreed with the architect
- Model windows and solar shading
- Produce a report on each building element
- Provide CPEng section J Certification of each Building element
- Alteration to existing administration switchboard.
- New and relocated power outlets and new power outlets to suit refurbishment.
- New permanently connected power outlets.
Data, Communications & Security
- Alterations to existing data rack
- New and relocated data and communications outlets.
- New and relocated security points connected to the existing security system.
- New LED strip or down lighting to suit refurbishment.
- Feature building entry lighting.
- External lighting.
- Emergency and exit lighting as required
- Design of Hydraulic services in accordance with NCC, AS/NZS: 3500 and AS/NZS: 3500
- Gutter, downpipe sizing, stormwater drainage to the legal point of connection adjacent site provided by civil engineer.
- Supply of landscape irrigation water service take-off point
- Check Hydrant system compliant with AS: 2419 and provide relocation or additional Hydrants.
- Fire hose reel system compliant with AS 2441 and provide relocation or additional Hose Reels
- Submission of hydraulic services documentation on behalf of the client for Plumbing Compliance Permit