Located in the suburb Parkhurst at the intersection of the Bruce Highway and Boundary Road, the Parkhurst Town Centre is a convenience based centre with a Woolworths Supermarket, BWS, Puma Petrol and approximately 10 specialty stores.
MDA was approached by AHC Pty Ltd to prepare the Building Services Designs for the exciting new centre.
Scope of works included:
- Individual ventilation systems provided throughout.
- Air condition included air cooled split systems or condenser water systems.
- Air conditioning and ventilation systems to Woolworths store in accordance with Woolworths design brief.
- Provide smoke exhaust to areas and tenancies as required by BCA
- All ductwork thermally and acoustically lined to meet current standards
- Provide kitchen exhaust ductwork systems to nominated tenancies.
- Air distribution insulated ductwork and registers or linear diffusers in line with the interior architecture
- Connection to Supply Authority sub-station.
- Main Switchboard and House metering.
- Un-metered and metered sub-mains to distribution boards supplying community and metered tenancy requirements.
- Provide tenancy distribution boards.
Submains to: –
- Riser Distribution Switchboards.
- Mechanical Services equipment.
- Hydraulic Services.
- Power and permanently connected outlets to all building communal areas.
- Adequate power outlets to apartments in line with interior furniture concepts.
- Lighting to malls selected to best compliment the architecture.
- Carpark lighting provided in compliance with the design brief and BCA requirements.
- Lighting to retail tenancies selected in line with ceiling systems consisting of BCA section J energy compliant recessed fluorescent luminaires.
- Project feature lighting as required.
- Power to signage.
- Security lighting to building public and common areas.
- Emergency evacuation lighting to code requirements.
- Telecom cabling to each retail tenancy
- Fibre or cat 6 riser cabling to floor distribution frames
- Hydraulic design in accordance with AHC RFQ
- Hydraulic services in accordance with AS/NZS:3500, QLD Development Code, Woolworths Guidelines.
- Sanitary drainage within building to sewer connection points
- Drainage from air conditioning equipment tundish drains.
- Tradewaste drainage in accordance with local authority requirements where required. Includes bin store area drainage and food shop interceptor traps where required.
- Cold, Hot, Warm, Rainwater and Non-potable water supply to fixtures as required.
- Sub Water Metering of water services to comply with local authority requirements.
- Hot water plant selection (includes solar, electric or gas hot water investigations)
- Backflow prevention in accordance with AS3500.1
- Supply of landscape irrigation water service take-off point where required.
- Water feature drainage and water supply points
- Gutter, down pipe sizing, and roofwater drainage to rainwater storage tanks.
- Roofwater storage and rainwater service supplying external hose cocks and internal fixtures 3
- Fire Hydrant service complying with AS:2419.1, Fire Hose Reel service complying with AS:2441
Additional work also comprised of BCA Section J Energy Compliance Review and NBN Cable Pathway Design to Woolworths, other speciality tenancies and Centre Management.