Located in New South Wales, Australia. Kingscliff High School is a public co-education high school, with a range of educational options to support students with special learning needs which require additional support.
MDA Consulting Engineers were approached by DRA Architects Pty Ltd to provide Mechanical, Electrical, Hydraulic and BCA Section Services Designs for the Special Education Unit.
Mechanical & Air-conditioning Services
- Individual mechanical ventilation systems provided where necessary to meet technical, statutory or other needs.
- All toilet areas exhausted in accordance with BCA requirements.
- Split air-cooled air-conditioning systems provided to all areas.
- Condenser units grouped in plant location provided.
- Connection to the existing main switchboard.
- External conduit reticulation with access pits to current and future stages of development.
- Building and area distribution boards.
- Submains to:
- Building distribution boards
- Mechanical Services equipment.
- Hydraulic Services.
- Power and permanently connected outlets to all building common areas.
- Power outlets to all areas in accordance with client requirements.
- Lighting selected in line with ceiling systems consistent with BCA section J Energy requirements.
- External lighting to covered walkways.
- Movement detection control if lighting as required.
- Security lighting to building public and common areas.
- Emergency evacuation lighting to code requirements.
Communication & Security Systems
- Connection to campus distributor
- Provide fibre optical cabling from campus distributor.
- Provide building communications racks.
- Cat 6 wiring and RJ 45 outlets to areas as required.
- TV outlets in areas if required by brief.
- PA and school bell system
- Provide Wireless networks if required.
- Design of Hydraulic services in accordance with AS/NZS: 3500, NCC, and Local Authority.
- Sanitary drainage to existing site sanitary drainage.
- Drainage from air conditioning equipment tundish drains.
- Hot and Cold water supply to fixtures as required.
- Hot water plant selection (includes solar, electric or gas hot water investigations)
- Connection for the landscape irrigation watering system.
- Gutter, downpipe sizing, roof water drainage to rainwater tanks and existing stormwater drainage or civil engineers site stormwater drainage connection points.
- Roofwater storage and rainwater service supplying external hose cocks and internal fixtures in accordance with QDC MP4.3 and client requirements.
- Connection off existing fire hydrant system to ensure coverage in accordance with AS: 2419.1.
- Fire hose reel system complying with AS2441.
- Submission of hydraulic services documentation on behalf of the client to the Local Authority for Plumbing Compliance Permit.
BCA Section J
- Identify each building fabric type with architect
- Carry out analysis of each building fabric element
- Advise compliance with the Deemed to Satisfy of the BCA
- Make recommendations to architect and client on any changes to each fabric element
- Recheck design after material reselection
- Provide RPEQ section J Certification of each building element
- Detail measurement of extended building area
- Input building facade data based on information agreed with the architect
- Model windows and solar shading using DTS glazing calculator
- Produce a report on each building element
- Provide certification for compliant apartments