Hanson Construction Materials Pty Ltd is a leading construction and MDA were pleased to be apart of the planning of the building services for their building at Skygate located on the Airport Boulevard.
MDA were contracted by FK Gardner & Sons Pty Ltd to design the Mechanical, Electrical and Hydraulic engineering services, also complete a BCA section J Energy Compliance Review & Certification for the site.
In detail the works included:
- Individual ventilation systems provided to plant room’s toilets and process areas.
- Base building split air cooled ducted air conditioning to brief requirements.
- Air distribution insulated ductwork and registers.
- Connection to Energex Sub-station.
- Standby generator to brief requirement.
- Individual building main switchboards.
- Distribution switchboards as nominated on concept design to services all areas.
- Submains to: Distribution Switchboards, Mechanical/Hydraulic Services equipment,
- Power and permanently connected outlets to all building areas.
- Plant room, office, carpark and exit and emergency lighting
- Dry Fire and Security Systems
- Provide lead-in cabling and MDF
- Provide distributed communications back bone cabling to communication hubs
- communications data cabling infrastructure.
- Sanitary drainage within building to proposed sewer connection by civil engineer.
- Wet trade waste pre-treatment prior to discharge to sewer to local authority and sewage treatment plant requirements.
- Drainage from air conditioning equipment tundish drains.
- Hot, Cold, Warm, Rainwater and Non-potable water supply to fixtures as required.
- Reticulation throughout site and site reticulation pressure pumpset after potable water treatment facility.
- Hot water plant selection (includes solar, electric or gas hot water investigations)
- Roof Gutter, down pipe sizing, in ground roofwater drainage to point of connection provided by civil engineer.
- Roofwater storage, filtration and re-use in accordance with client requirements.
- Hydrant system
BCA Compliance Review & Certification
- Identify each building fabric type with architect
- Carryout analysis of each building fabric element
- Advise compliance with the Deemed to Satisfy of the BCA
- Make recommendations to architect and client on any changes to each fabric element.
- Re check design after material reselection.
- Provide RPEQ section J Certification of each Building element
- Detail measurement of extended building area.
- Input building facade data based on information agreed with the architect
- Model windows and solar shading using DTS glazing calculator
- Provide certification for compliance